While the Orders Report page is the definitive source for order information, the Order Notification e-mail can be a useful supplement. You can choose to receive notification e-mails each time a customer purchases one of your items. When you register to sell with Checkout by Amazon, your account is set up to receive Order Notification e-mails by default. To change your settings, please see the Adjusting Order Notification Settings section below.
The Order Notification e-mail contains information about the product(s) purchased in a given order: the buyer and the relevant delivery information that you need to fulfil the order. This e-mail can be sent to multiple e-mail addresses. For sellers who process orders manually or do not have a large volume of orders, this system can be a convenient way to receive order information when items are purchased.
Order Notification e-mails are sent after an order is confirmed and each e-mail contains only one order. This e-mail is a one-way communication. Orders Reports and other account functionality can still be used to verify the e-mail information or otherwise manage orders.
See Download and Read an Orders Report for more information on using orders reports.
Adjusting Your Order Notification E-mail Preferences
- On the Settings tab in the Seller Central navigation bar, click on the Account Info link.
- Next to Notifications Options, click on Edit and then enable or disable the Order Notification E-mail Status by ticking the appropriate button.
- Enter the e-mail address to which Amazon Payments will send the Order Notification e-mail.
- Enter any e-mail addresses to which Amazon Payments will send a copy of the Order Notification e-mail.
- When you're ready, click on the Update button to save your changes. If you click on the Cancel button, your changes will not be saved.